Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Anyone with Natural Connections Childcare?

Apparently it's a licensed agency that helps you get licensed, and qualify for grants. Can anyone please explain how it works.

Euphoric !
    I'm not with any agencies, but I can say that we (CICPO) have dealt with Kelli (owner of Natural Connections) and we love her! She was present at the MOE meetings I attended and was tremendously supportive of ICPs and our cause. She has worked in every facet of childcare, including as an ICP. We are still in touch with her now. Kelli was the first to bring in a more progressive approach to the agency model, and her program was still awaiting licensing when we met her. We were completely impressed. She offers different tiers of service to providers, based on their education, skill level, experience and needs which is, in my opinion, very cool. She also had a 'licensed ready' program that was very popular for those who 'tried it out'. In this scenario, you would be given the list of licensing requirements and get your daycare set up so that if an inspector were to come in, you would meet all the criteria. Whether this program is still in play or not, I can't say off the top of my head, but I can certainly find out. If you feel that you would like to join an agency, I would absolutely endorse Natural Connections. Another to offer better models is Compass, but I don't think that stretches out to your area. Andrew Fleck, I think, is the biggest in your region and, personally, having dealt with the director, I would never sign with them. But that's just me....and the rest of the execs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    The Agency is up and running and doing well. Kelli (owner) is wonderful, and her fees are VERY reasonable. She now has a waiting list of more than 20 day cares waiting to license. I am very fortunate to have found her early on.

Outgoing
    Hi, now Andrew Fleck is offering a free Independent caregiver s package. And there is another agency also offering the same. I will confirm the name and let you know.

I know natural connection is also nice but still $3000, compared to no fees? And I have also confirmed that caregivers making less than $252 a day, can apply through the agency for a $20 a day grant.

Since the ministry announcement that no fees will be charged to homedaycares that join "non for profit agencies" Andrew Fleck changed their attitude and decided to offer a different aproach "package free to icps ". Also, there is a change as on how "non for profit" agencies will get their promised funds.

Agencies will get more funds if they have a greater enrollment of homedaycares; before it used to be if they had greater enrollment of children through subsidies. This way the whole house is covered and not just the children through agencies.

Last week also someone in a group of Ece's mentioned that most agencies will go this way. "Non for profit" will have a greater support.
    Last edited by Peacefulbird; 08-30-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Outgoing
    Oh, I forgot to mention all "non for profits" helps you to qualify for grants. Basically they've (AF) have mentioned that they have this offer now and if eventually I decide to leave I can do so, no ties or charges.

Euphoric !
    Having dealt with AF in the past, I'd rather chew off my own arm than work under them. I hope you enjoy them more than we did. I found the director very unpleasant and sneaky.

Outgoing
    I know, I was reluctant to join and I didn't join. But if I have a 6th client I might go this route "free". I have friends who are doing ok with this decision and actually they like their home visitors and they do not deal with the director. I hope other agencies follow this path so we do not just have to deal with AF.
    Last edited by Peacefulbird; 08-31-2017 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacefulbird View Post
    I know, I was reluctant to join and I didn't join. But if I have a 6th client I might go this route "free". I have friends who are doing ok with this decision and actually they like their home visitors and they do not deal with the director. I hope other agencies follow this path so we do not just have to deal with AF.
    hi they told me that i would have to keep both of my under 2 spots for children through their agency, so I would loose almost 20 dollars a spot with them?

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    hi they told me that i would have to keep both of my under 2 spots for children through their agency, so I would loose almost 20 dollars a spot with them?
    Did you ask for the Independent caregiver s model package?; the one that you just described seems to be their classic package (meaning they bring their own clientes and pay you. The independent package has different regulations: 1) you are independent and you look for your own clients, not the agency. 2) you apply your own contracts and rates and collect your pay. 3) you still abe to apply for a grant if you're making less than $252 a day.

Call them back and ask for the "independent caregiver s package". And they also explained that this package is offered to seasoned.caregivers not to someone starting.

Outgoing
    Please, don't forget to keep us posted. I'm really interested on all agencies changes. The package still available last week I got an email asking if I will join.