Hi folks, since I have always received helpful advise from people in this site, I will ask another question!

I have a 2.5 year old that is really struggling with meal times, the guy hates chewing! Will no eat anything thing that he cannot maul to death in his mouth. Bananas, pb sandwiches, plain yogurt(no lumps),kraft dinner, is pretty much all he will actually eat. I've been playing hard ball with him for at last 2 months, feeding him whatever everyone else is eating. One of each food groups at lunch, cereal or toast for breakfast, and something healthy for snack. I don't make a big deal about what he eats, I only encourage him to try something else on his plate. Once lunch is over and I start to tidy things up he gets super upset(probably cause he is still hungry). He is really struggling with language so it's hard to know exactly why he won't eat(only has 10-15 words)His parents are having the same type struggles at home, supplementing real food with baby food, pablum for breakfast, packages of food for other meals. I don't plan on giving him baby food while he is here. Any suggestions, keep holding out on him? How long could this possibly go on for, he was able to eat real food around 1.5 but has declined considerably on the "things he will eat list" down to only a few things. Mouth issue possible? Sensory? Parents? Does the oral delay have anything to do with it? Any suggestions ideas would be greatly appreciated