Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maternity Leave

Maternity Leave

Hello, I have a client who will be due in August. I have been looking after her son since October of 2016. She has mentioned that she may want to keep her son home with her for the whole year she is on maternity. (She's not sure yet, but I just want to be prepared). After that year, I will be looking after both. I'm not sure what to do...if I should just drop them and close up shop, or if I charge a holding fee, how much. I will be down one in September (two if she sticks with this plan) and then I'll be losing two in September 2018 due to school. This business is unpredictable during best of times. Any advise would be great...thanks

I would tell the mom that I need to know by July 1st, what her intentions are..so that you have time to fill her spot. And if you fill the spot with a new child, then it works out perfectly that you are losing two next fall when these kids want to return. I wouldn't stress about kids leaving over a year from now...it's a long time away....and we know they can only stay full time with us for about 3 years...

Expansive...
    I would ask the Mom soon as I am sure she will keep the child at home while she is on Mat leave as you need to know so you can advertize for the spot, the sooner you ask the sooner you can put an ad up and be in control of the situation.