Hi everyone, hope all is well across the board! I wanted opinions on what I should do with this situation....

I had an interview with family B back in the summer even though they would not need daycare until mid march of 2012. I put them on the top of my waiting list and they are still interested in placing their child with me.

I have family A who gave notice they will be leaving as of January 9th, 2012. I have been advertising for a few weeks now for a full timer and have had no luck at all. However with Christmas coming, its a bad time to advertise, so I am not surprised at how slow it is at the moment.

My question is....should I approach family B and ask if they want to start perhaps on a part time basis (couple days a week?) to secure the spot for March or is that being too pushy? What do you think?

I like family B - they have good hours and their child is adorable and seem reliable as they are friend of a friend too.

Any advice? Do I keep advertising and just wait it out and if someone comes along then say no to family B? Or do I offer it to family B first? Its a basically a month and half early....let me know what you guys would do....I trust and respect all of your opinions. Thanks in advance! Merry Christmas too!