Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

From Quebec moving in Ontario

Hi everyone!!
    Me my husband and our four beautyful children are moving somewhere in ontario this summer
    If you could choose to open a home daycare anywhere in Ontario, where would it Be and Why? Where is it the most needed?
    so for now i will go and read your post and learn about openning a daycare in ontario
    Thanks

Outgoing
    Hi. If you're moving to ontario with the idea of homedaycares making greater profits then I would suggest you to think it carefully, we are in a transition, personally I can tell you that, Im not sure if my business will survive the next year. We are going through huge changes and I personally don't see it supporting homedaycares.

1. The ratio changed private homedaycares are allowed five children with a maximum of two under two's. If your children are under six.will count or if they go to full day schools won't. But you can not have more than five children in total at home.

2. Licensed homedaycares can have up to six children but still the only two under two's ruling and your own kids count if they're under six. Etc. But the licensing fees are between $3000 to $4000 depending on where you move and if there is homedaycare agencies with special rivate caregiver package"; other ways you can still work with an agency but the pay is very little ex. $32, $35.

3. The government is supporting more the idea of opening daycare centres so, they just approved a 18 months mat leave (because that is the age that licensed centres accepts them) which also will affect homedaycares.

They have been city consultations and everyone is kind of waiting for the results or decisions. Centres are advocating for quality; parents are advocating for affordability, I'm sure they whish they could be supported as the Quebec childcare system.

Anyway, i do not want to scare you but that's what we're facing right now. Disregards all the negative news I can tell you that Toronto is where is most needed, and I'm sure city's around it. But they still trying to figure it out so far they started opening centres in schools, and churches community centres etc.

And also if you decide to open a centre I'm very sure you'll get a permit fast, they are in need.

Try to visit the government websites, the ministry of education and read the news. It will give you a better insight of what is going on here in Ontario.

Euphoric !
    Peacefulbird is right.....lots of changes happening here. The Coalition of Independent Childcare Providers of Ontario (CICPO) has been very active in bringing recognition to the Independent (unlicensed) sector as, until now, no research had been done, despite the fact that we represent nearly 80% of the childcare market. We are pursuing a direct licensing model, free of third party agencies. Aside from that, we have executive members who know this bill inside and out. Our main Facebook page is a great place to find all the information you need surrounding the , CCEYA and new regulations. Unfortunately, there is often a lot of misinformation being disseminated. Even the Ministry, on a number of occasions, has put out misinformation. If you want to know what's going on, visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/CICPO/ and our legislation guru will tell you anything you need to know if you can't find it in our documents.

The next provincial election is what will tell the tale of what direction childcare will go in the future. If the current party is reelected, then things will continue this way and independent care will continue to decline. If not, we certainly have more opportunity to turn things around. CICPO is currently working with the opposition in a joint effort to change policies. Here's hoping to a new party in office in 2018!
    Last edited by cfred; 03-29-2017 at 06:30 PM.