Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    I'm getting really nervous with all this. I don't know why they are making it hard for all of us. It's not that we don't want to be licensed we DONT want to work for an agency. If they had a proper system in place where my money wasn't taken and I wasn't bossed around or making $3 am hour after licensing fees. They need to put a system n place that allows us to be licensed indivuals and give access to our address so they can come for routine inspections. This has nothing to do with safety it's good a money grab

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWagon8823 View Post
    I'm getting really nervous with all this. I don't know why they are making it hard for all of us. It's not that we don't want to be licensed we DONT want to work for an agency. If they had a proper system in place where my money wasn't taken and I wasn't bossed around or making $3 am hour after licensing fees. They need to put a system n place that allows us to be licensed indivuals and give access to our address so they can come for routine inspections. This has nothing to do with safety it's good a money grab
    This is what CICPO has been and continues to lobby for. Unfortunately, we need more people to be vocal out in public about just this issue. The Ministry maintains consistent communication with the agency sector and lobbyists supporting it. They were consulted on the CCEYA and continue consultations. If ICPs want to be heard, we need to be loud, active and vibrant as a unified group. Complacency and apathy have been considerable obstacles for CICPO. Rallying and inspiring ICPs has been among the most difficult and time consuming of our tasks. Everyone- ICPs and parents, are upset and feeling the damage of the new legislation. The fact is that we are not powerless to create change, but it's tough row to hoe that requires plenty of energy from a cohesive group. We have an opportunity as the next election nears. There will be more media opportunities - in fact the execs are now taking personal funds to send out a press release, which will garner more media response. Politicians will keep childcare in the spotlight and we need to secure our spot in it as well. And the surveys, letters, etc..they're all part of it; gathering valuable data and spreading the word. I recommend that anyone who wants to see change contact any of us at CICPO and see if there are any jobs that need doing. There is plenty of work to go around.
    Last edited by cfred; 04-26-2017 at 01:48 PM.