Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

What to charge for PT care

I have a daycare family on mat leave right now. I just found out that they would like to return once mat leave is over but PT. The hours they want are 8:30-12:30. I do have availability...and I could fill the morning with a before school child and find someone for the afternoon. My question is: what would you charge for a 3yr old and 12 month old for 4 hours a day??? I am thinking $48 a day...
    Is that fair??

Expansive...
    I only do full day rates and full-time for kids under 2 years. They are taking up a spot regardless... What if you can't fill the before/after care, or a child leaves?

My full time rate is at 45, so for part time if they are eating lunch its 35. i wouldnt over a sibling discout as its 2 spaces and there is no guarantee you will fill the afternoon

Starting to feel at home...
    Children under 2 eat into my ratios, so I only do half day for older kids. My full day rate is $35, so a morning preschool child, only getting snack, is $15, and after school only eating snack is $15. I like having less children from lunch and nap, so I'm happy to have a morning-only child right now. I do put into the contract that it follows the school calendar and closures though, so that I can take the school aged child full day as needed (right now the preschooler I have has a SAHM, so this is fine with her).

Euphoric !
    I would also make sure they realize if they opt to sign up for half days they do NOT have the option of suddenly deciding they want full days and they cannot just occasionally want a full day.

If you plan to take on a before school and after school child then their spot is limited, and remains limited to the 8:30-12:20 time slot.

I would make this known and have them sign to that. They may decide it is in their benefit to pay for the full time spots to have flexibility to change back to full time when needed.