As I mentioned before in another thread I am in the processing of making the decision to start my own daycare but being careful to weigh out all the pros and cons.
My reasons for starting is a) it's always been a dream of mine b) I want to be able to take care of my daughter for her first 4 years c) I love being with children and taking care of them d) at the salary I am at right now I would end up making more money having a daycare and financial stability is very important to us.

I have no doubt in my mind that I have the patience and love and skills to take care of the little ones, but one of the things that scares me is if you have periods where your daycare is not full and you can not find children to fill it. I feel we are in a good area for a daycare, as when I started searching for my little girl most of the daycare's are fully booked and it's hard to get in. Plus, we are right near the Civic Hospital and Gov't buildings, and 2 schools...so I know there is a strong potential for having parents in need of childcare.

Do you find you have long periods of time where your daycare is not full? And what scared you the most when you started your daycare?

Thanks for your thoughts!