Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Ontario daycare provider health crisis

In Feb 2017 I ended up in hospital, I was in there for a week and recovery for 6 weeks, so I had to give up my 5 daycare kids (heart wrenching). I've used up my savings and now I'm stuck. I have to go for surgery at some point, not sure if its a month or 6 months. I need income. Should I start up my daycare again as I feel better? Does anyone know if there's a Government application I can apply for (until the surgery is over?) I feel lost right now. I have been contacted for a new daycare baby but I don't know if I should accept and then put the parent in a situation looking for someone to care for the little one as I go through surgery and recovery.
    I need guidance from you please.

Outgoing
    I'm so sorry to hear that. But, honestly I do not think you should take any babies in care yet Try to focus first on your health and recuperation without any stress. Visit the closest community center and maybe someone can guide you there (government application, etc) I'm also not sure 100% but some hospitals have social workers perhaps they can also refer you to someplace.