Dear fellow daycare providers,

Today the most unexpected behaviour came from a parent, more specifically DCD.

It's been about 2 weeks since their payment has been due and I presented them a letter today (after asking multiple times) that if they didn't make their payment by so and so date, I would apply late fees for each day by $10 per each day.

This is originally in my contract but they asked me if I would be able to waive the fee as they're going through some hard times. I said that I've been waiting for 2 weeks and haven't charged them for 2 weeks but anything later left me no options but to charge them fees.

Basically at the end of our conversation , he started yelling at me, he turned to walk out of the door. I was coming behind him and he decided he would hit me in the face. After I said "omg" from pure shock.. I was stunned. He said next time you'll think twice and proceeded to leave.

I was left there in utter disbelief... I currently have a bruise forming right below my eye. Should I call the police? How do I prove this?

I don't know where to turn to. I'm scared to tell my husband at this point I don't know how he'll react and I don't want him involved with assault.