Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Assaulted By Daycare DCD

Dear fellow daycare providers,

Today the most unexpected behaviour came from a parent, more specifically DCD.

It's been about 2 weeks since their payment has been due and I presented them a letter today (after asking multiple times) that if they didn't make their payment by so and so date, I would apply late fees for each day by $10 per each day.

This is originally in my contract but they asked me if I would be able to waive the fee as they're going through some hard times. I said that I've been waiting for 2 weeks and haven't charged them for 2 weeks but anything later left me no options but to charge them fees.

Basically at the end of our conversation , he started yelling at me, he turned to walk out of the door. I was coming behind him and he decided he would hit me in the face. After I said "omg" from pure shock.. I was stunned. He said next time you'll think twice and proceeded to leave.

I was left there in utter disbelief... I currently have a bruise forming right below my eye. Should I call the police? How do I prove this?

I don't know where to turn to. I'm scared to tell my husband at this point I don't know how he'll react and I don't want him involved with assault.

Shy
    Yes!!! Def. call the police

Absolutely, call the police!

ALL THE POLICE and terminate care. He has no right to touch you.

Expansive...
    Yes, call the police and have the police there when he picks up the child - just make sure you are not on your own in the house when the child is picked up

Expansive...
    Please keep us informed on how things go and Good Luck - OMG I can't believe he did this!!!!

Euphoric !
    Is the child in your care right now? If so, you NEED to call the police and inform them. You also need, preferably the police, if not them then other adult(s) present for pick up or for drop off tomorrow (to inform them their child is not welcome).

Your husband needs to know. You need to be safe. You NEED extra adults present for any future contact with this man.

Send them a email and text message letting them know they are NOT allowed on your property. Let them know the child's belongings are in the mail. I would seriously consider bringing them to the post office immediately and mailing it to them. The cost of postage is worth not having them come near your house.

Let them know the police have been contacted and that you have extra adults on the premises. Usually these types of people don't like to be out numbered so power in numbers.

Report it. Let him know you've reported it and protect yourself. I would inform the other daycare parents exactly what went on and what precautions you are taking. The last thing you need is this dad getting to you through them (making up stories to them etc). I would also consider NOT doing outside time with the kids for a while. Just to keep yourself safe for a bit.

Shy
    What!!!! I could understand that he might be stressed out, but hitting you for sticking to your contract, a contract that he signed! I feel sorry for the child but I agreee with the ladies, call the police and make sure he is not back into your house!
    I'm so sorry to hear that.

Expansive...
    OMG!!! Call the cops and get yourself to a doctor or hospital to be checked and to document injuries.

Starting to feel at home...
    How are you doing?