Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re-opening

Starting to feel at home...

Re-opening

Has anybody here closed their home daycare, and then re-opened it? How did you find it?
    I closed my daycare in July 2016, to go back to my old profession. Now, I'm thinking of re-opening. I really miss taking care of kids, working for myself and spending more time with my own kids. Home daycare was hard work but really rewarding and the job I'm doing now just seems useless and futile in comparison. Every time I see a park, or when I see a home daycare out for a walk somewhere I miss it. I know the grass is always greener on the other side (because it's fertilized with BS ) but I think it might be the best choice to go back to it. My older son has told me a few times he wants me to do daycare again. It might be harder to get my husband on board, he's said a couple times that it's nice to have our house back.
    If I do make the move, it won't be until at least September when my younger son starts JK.
    Would anyone who's re-opened mind sharing their experience? I would appreciate it!

Outgoing
    I can not say I have closed and reopened but, I absolutely understand the husband situation. What I did was to have a big daycare break and sit and take a good time planing my reopening. Finally I got the time to stablish my daycare as I wanted found a nice house to do it and separate the daycare from my general living space. My husband and child have back the house while I have my own space with my kitties.

After Analizing the length of time I'll be working in my daycare it just made sense of doing it right. Family happy and I'm happy. If I wouldn't have found a right house then I was planning to expand the basement to make it independent or to built an addition.

The reopening was great I got my same clients five of them on board. And my daycare continued with a big and better improvement.

As the regulations keep changing, I honestly do not know what would I do without children. All my life us around them. I absolutelly would feel like you, nothing else would make me feel happy. Planning my visits to parks or giving hugs to babies and see their first smiles and steps, and helping families, it seems simple, but fulfills my life.

Life is too short to end up doing something you don't like. If you love doing homedaycare do it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefulbird For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Thank you, Peacefulbird! That was very helpful!