Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...
    deleted post
    Last edited by Busy ECE mommy; 05-03-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Outgoing
    Hi. I'm sorry to hear that. I think I have came to the conclusion that they're two types of people, the ones that had everything done and everything granted and the ones that had to work hard to get things.

The first ones do not have any appreciation or value for what has been done for them so, they do not normally say thank you. (I'm sure they feel that your efforts in putting together such gifts are part of your job and they're paying for it anyways)

The second type, they are aware of all your effort and pretty much know the value of your gifts, therefore, they would be obviously more appreciative and be more thankful.

I'm sorry to say this but, the way at times we raise children determines a personality inprint the more we give , the more they want. Also, over the years with the social media in hand I see more and more egocentric people. A clear example FB people showing off all the better they can be materialistically. And do not care if other countries in the globe are dying hungry.

So, to answer your question is; never mind or expect something back from certain people. I used to do same gifts, organizing B. parties etc. But, then I sat and I though where my given gifts go, my answer was to the garbage or recycle bin, (my hard earned money). And now I really make very thoughtful gifts. Something they will use it here or eat it. Or create something that won't end up in a garbage bin. Talking about that I have to start thinking on mother's day gift. ��

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefulbird For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I stopped doing all that stuff for that exact Eason .... I still do easter baskets but the cost is minimal ... maybe $5 at the most ... I do mothers and Father's Day crafts ... again ... super cheap .... no more birthday gifts and I didn't do Xmas gifts this year either ... ... keep all your receipts as this stuff is tax deductible ... cut down on your costs of each gift (or cut it out all together) as it's causing you a financial hardship.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I think it is time for you to just do handprint cards for Mother's Day and Father's Day cards as they just don't seem to be appreciating all that you did up to now and it is time to cut back on your daycare expenses. Good luck with your husband finding work

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I do find there is a difference in my clients who come from the "entitled" generation lol.[/QUOTE]

Oh I hear you LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Busy ECE mommy View Post
    Yes I do write every penny of it off. I do all the craft gifts for parents too. I have never expected something in return, other than a simple verbal "thank you."
    I do find there is a difference in my clients who come from the "entitled" generation lol.
    I think it is less about the generation than it is about an individual just being an ungrateful asshole. Being a young mother myself, I am 34 and my daughter is 16 and my son is 14, I'd stay away from making those kinds of assumptions. It really isn't nice to be stereotyped which is something I have always experienced as a young mother. I have personally had the worst parents be the career driven woman who had children later in life as though it was just something on a list of achievements to check off to feel whole. Neglectful and expecting others to do for her as she prioritized work over the basic needs of her child. But of course, like anything, it is each individuals perception and not necessarily a truth about the individual and definitely not of the whole, but that's just my experience as a daycare provider and the clients I have dealt with. I don't think that any generation shows less gratitude towards me as a daycare provider than another.

As a daycare provider, I could never do what I do without doing all the little things. The difference is, I don't do it for the parents, and to an extent, it isn't entirely for the kids either but for myself. I do not seek the gratitude of others to make myself feel worthy or appreciated. My happiness in my personal life and my job is up to me 100%. I am providing a service that parents pay for and anything else is an extra.

It has taken me years to change my attitude for the positive, I refuse to reduce my program because of being annoyed at the lack of thank yous. I can't imagine compromising myself like that. Funny really because my number one pet peeve in life in and out of work is poor manners. I have very little tolerance for it. Please and thank you should be automatic, but like I said some people are just assholes and while they go about their day oblivious to me and happy with themselves, I am not going to get wrapped up in feeling bad about it. If I am happy it is my choice, but if I am angry and annoyed, that is my choice too.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy ECE mommy View Post
    deleted post
    Why the deleted post?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post: