Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Tell me about when....

Hey all,

I am feeling pretty beat today. a parent decided that they no longer wanted to stay with me after 2 days of care because:

1. I have a smaller yard so we go down the block to the park to play, and I have not taken their little outside etc. He is a mess, and was not used to me yet, how could I take this child out to the park, when he won't even accept comfort from me yet?

2. They found a provider for less money, like $200 less per month.

I am all about enforcing your contract, but in this instance I did not want to invest the time of transitioning this child, the other provider can deal with this. So I refunded them the remaining days, and said bye Felicia

Tell me about a time you made an exception to your contract and why? Make me feel better about this.
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 05-12-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Starting to feel at home...
    Good for you for washing your hands of them! The outside thing was a grasping-at-straws excuse for moving to the cheaper provider-this had nothing to do with your care.

A time I made an exception-trying to get rid of a neighbour. I gave 2 months notice, but said that if they found someone sooner they could switch without notice to me. A couple weeks later I got 24h notice and we settled up. So awkward, glad they're a few houses down because I haven't talked to them since except exchanging Christmas cards and texting Happy new year!

Outgoing
    It is all about how you take it in. Obviously, they started with a excuse and I'm sure they could've come with any other little issue later on or everytime they find a cheaper option. If you do not need to, do not make your life miserable. An enforced contract won't give you back the time and the energy lost plus a frustration. Do not even spend time thinking about this issue, it is not worth your valuable time.

When I face situations like this; I always think it is for something better to come into my life, a new family that values my services and a dream well adjusted happy child.

My best wishes to you. Think positive from now on and leave this episode buried. There are plenty of families that will value what you do.