Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Giving Vacation Notice

Hello! I am thinking of taking a week off for vacation in the end of July. I have never taken a whole week off and am a little worried about how parents will take... In my contract it says I give notice for my days off at least 2 weeks in advance however I am thinking of informing them tomorrow, that will be 7 weeks in advance. Do you think that is enough time in advance notice and how do you do vacations and how much notice do you give? thank you so much!

Expansive...
    That's lots of notice. You're entitled to time off. I give one month's notice for a full week, or 1-2 weeks notice if I need a day for appointments etc. You've never taken a week off? How do you manage to feel rested on a daily basis(ie. avoid burnout)? I'd never survive lol!

Outgoing
    My vacation time (two weeks in summer); is usually announced during last week of Jan. I give parents the chance to send their children to camps or organize their own trips during the same dates so, no extra care is required during the two weeks. It works perfectly for all of us.

If you give them short notice then, I suppose it is not payed, this would obligate patents to find alternative care.

Euphoric !
    My contract require 2 week notice of closures. I typically let client know as soon as I know. The more notice I can give, the better. It up to you what you do. You know your client and their situation. A parent with no local support, or who have a min wage job which can be less flexible than a senior member of staff, might appreciate advance notice so they can try and find alternate care or book leave themselves. As long as you meet the term of your contract, I not see any harm in giving extra notice.