Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Notice for fee increase

Hi everyone!

I was wondering...I am changing my contract and that includes a fee increase. How many days would you suggest the notice be before the changes take effect? a week? a day? a month? non at all?
    Thanks!
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!
    Learning through play

Fee increase notice

Hi everyone!

I was wondering...I am changing my contract and that includes a fee increase. How many days would you suggest the notice be before the changes take effect? a week? a day? a month? non at all?
    Thanks!
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!
    Learning through play

Outgoing
    i sent my parents an email late Octover/early November letting them know of my rate increase starting january. $2 per day.

Merry Christmas

Euphoric !
    It should be at least one week plus the amount of notice required to terminate as in a week for the parents to think about how the rate increase or whatever changes will effect them and then time for them to give notice if they intend to terminate instead of accept the changes. 1-2 months is the nicest thing to do so that parents have time to start budgeting for the change. Many families live paycheck to paycheck and an increase of $10 on the bill can make a difference.

Euphoric !
    I always send out a letter a couple of months ahead of contract renewal time outlining any changes that will be coming up and urging parents to talk to me about anything they may disagree with, but I have never had any parent question me to date.

sorry i posted this in two threads but i dont know how to delete this one :s
    Learning through play

Thanks guys!
    The other question I wanted to ask is I have never charged for stat holidays. So I was wondering is a fee increase of a dollar a day PLUS adding payment of stat holidays too much? Should I either pick one or the other? Thanks
    Learning through play

Hi! Maybe you could preface the notice by saying something like,

"As this is my first year operating my day home, I am trying to work out some of the kinks. I will henceforth be charging for statuory holidays, and increasing my fees by $x per day, as is common daycare practice in our area."

Hi Alphaghetti! Thanks...the only problem is this is not my first year its my 7th ... and all my current kids have been with me from 2.5 to 3 years. So NOW what do i say lol?
    Learning through play

Euphoric !
    If you have had the kids that long then the rise in the cost of living, food, fuel, utilities, etc. means you are justified in raising rates. At the same time if you have had the kids that long how much longer will they be with you in the sense of is it necessary to raise the rates now or can you wait till you replace them. That is what I do in the sense that my rates jump when a new family starts but I don't raise the rates of families in care. With mat leave and I don't take school age I replace kids every 2-3 years anyways so it works out to be the same.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: