Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Article: Ontario Making more Affordable Home daycare Licensing

An article i saw in Star Touch - not sure the link will work. If not, google 'ontario making it more affordable for home daycares to be licensed'. This would make things easier for us private home daycares correct?
    Here's the article link:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...-licensed.html

Outgoing
    Absolutely, unless I'm misinterpreting it. The only objection I have is; that even through joining agencies it still leave our sector depending on third hands. I personally think that a payment fee coming from us or the government for agency services unfortunately, still takes away from what should be directly be invested in making it affordable for parents and making it more supportive to caregivers through direct licensing.

Once agencies are given the green light to reclute caregivers for "free" or at a low fee. They will for sure increase more overheadfees in order to make it profitable for that sector or increase more personel, Imagine that they will hire more people that sits on desks with the argument that they need more people to supervise or do the paper work; so far what I have seen is agencies passing their paperwork to caregivers; for example: they have been speaking and presenting workshops of "how does learning happens"; and only well trained Ece's can clearly described it and recognize if it is applied in and homedaycare environment but, what I heard is that the agency is bringing forms for an untrained(in this subject) caregiver to fill out these forms. How does that reflect quality? We know caregivers work under pressure and most of the time in tight schedules and now they have also to do paper work? And most of them they do not even know how.

Anyway,

In our situation, we are clearly explaining to them that we have the capabilities to manage our selves; we only need the safety inspections and credit us as Licensed (which could be done directly by the ministry of education) not involving or depending on third parties.

To anyone reading this; please correct me if I'm wrong I'm confused. Thank you.

Directors and owners from agencies will get their cut, and also their workers, then probably grant a free licensing to our independent home daycares (which I doubt) and won't be left much to go to children and/or families.

Euphoric !
    Lol....yeah, I wouldn't get too excited about this. The Liberals are giving away the farm right now to get voted back in. When CICPO questioned an MOE official about just HOW this could be worked out, she didn't have an answer. How are they going to subsidize parent fees AND soak up the provider fees to agencies? That comes to more than the amount of money they've earmarked for childcare which is about 3.7B. This is going to astronomically expensive and coming straight out of taxpayer's pockets. I just did some simple math -

$12/day agency fees MOE will soak up to make licensing affordable
    $12/day to subsidize parent fees (just to keep comparable to our number and make worthwhile)
    52 wks/yr
    350,000 children in ICP care

$12 + $12 x 52 weeks x 350,000 children = $4, 032, 000, 000 (and that's just for OUR sector)

I reckon it won't help us much at all. They can't have the money go both ways.

The Liberals are buying votes and initiating programs that extend beyond their term, leaving the next party to deal with the inevitable aftermath

Euphoric !
    Guess I might as well unleash this beauty on all of you as well as it pertains to my simple math above.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...hild-care.html