Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    And believe me, personally it has been very stressful to work in this uncertain condition.

Euphoric !
    Peacefulbird, you're right about the stress! Ugh...I'll be glad when this is over! Apparently the government has put some base funding in place, or will be, to waive agency fees. But this doesn't deal with the parity between fees or autonomy. When we affiliate with agencies, we have 3 tiers of regulations (Ministry, Municipality, Agency) which is strangling the joy out of the job. We've heard of providers from one agency having to measure children's heads to make sure they can't fit in sand buckets! We're happy to follow Ministry mandated regulations, but that's far enough. Risk management is taking precedence over quality programming and childhood exploration.

We have one year left, then we'll have a better idea what will happen. If the Liberals win the next election, things will likely continue in this direction. If PCs win, we're golden Let the campaign season begin!

Outgoing
    They have opened more centres in my neighbourhood, public and private ones. At this point it seems they've won. It seems I'll be closing next year. I have four going to school. And parents looking for care have decreased considerably.

Euphoric !
    They've opened more in my neighbourhood too. There are tonnes of them in Newmarket, with 2 being pretty much in my back yard and one a 10 minute walk. It still hasn't affected my enrollment. It's the 2 under 2 killing me. AND, the last 2 couples I interviewed started with agencies and centres and preferred what I offer. We know home daycare is the majority of families' preference. We're still in discussion about the registry with a third party (owner of cubbyspot.com). He's very keen to do this, but it's a big process which requires a lot of planning. We are also still working with the PCs. If they win the next election, things will be very different. Hang in there if you can There's a lot going on right now, though it seems quiet. CICPO's still working....we just can't put everything out in the spotlight right now. Just trust that we're still working to move things forward.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thank you so much Cfred. All your work and support it is really appreciated.

Euphoric !
    You're welcome Peacefulbird. I know it's tough right now, but try to hang on. The next election is worth hanging in there for. Hopefully it goes in our favour

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacefulbird View Post
    They are. Growing their businesses in the backs of hard working women. Even with the latest announcement, with the possibility of being fee free to caregivers, we all know a third-party is not a solution. They will create more desk workers, which costs lot more. Their millionaire investment will go just to increase salaries of directors and /or agencies owners. Even the Non for profit sector is in it.
    I did not realize this but it makes sense and the caregivers are forgotten about again