Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Us Vs them, why?

I admin a local Daycare Provider only group on Facebook, and every time the "what are the pro's of being licensed versus private?" comes up someone always responds with:

"why are you so scared to become licensed?"

And then it slowly snowballs into people explaining.... that they have nothing to hide by being private, and the dogpiling begins. Each one has it's merits, can't we all just be friends?

Note: In SK the individual is licensed, we do not work with agencies, and we can run a program legally as an ICP.

Outgoing
    Hear ya. You're lucky to be in SK free to be ICP!

Euphoric !
    You're so lucky! I've been fighting for exactly that for 3 years now with CICPO....it's wearing very thin now.

Euphoric !
    When first comment made about "being scared to become licensed" as Admin I would step in there and comment that this thread will be permitted if everyone is respectful but if it goes down hill like prior discussions, then the nasty comment people will be removed. Keep it polite and respectful ladies or leave.

Outgoing
    I'm not really sure about some comments; but I always tell them that I'm not afraid of becoming licensed, and I clearly explain to them that what bothers me is a third party taking advantage of my hard work. I support best the independent licensing idea but not through agencies. I also have shown to parents the cost of licensing (so, they can see that the agencies move isn't just for "quality"and or "safety"; it is more of a financial conflict of interest.

For me: Even though I do not have to work through an agency it does make sense. Some of the regs just don't appeal to me: IE if I use playpens for sleeping I must be in the room to supervise at all times. If I wanted to provide extended hours I would need approval etc etc

I still provide all checks needed, and tbh I want MY PARENT to decide what is safe for THEM. I want them to MAKE INFORMED choices about care.

Outgoing
    In regards, of your fb group. Perhaps you can explain to them that proffesionalism means being respectful to each others choices. They can probably make a list of pros and cons, without being offensive.

Expansive...
    In BC we are lucky not to need agencies at all and we can be Licensed or Lic not required without a 3rd party ready to cash in on our hard work

Expansive...
    Keep up the good fight in Ontario to be agent free as it sounds like the agencies are just a money grab group

Outgoing
    They are. Growing their businesses in the backs of hard working women. Even with the latest announcement, with the possibility of being fee free to caregivers, we all know a third-party is not a solution. They will create more desk workers, which costs lot more. Their millionaire investment will go just to increase salaries of directors and /or agencies owners. Even the Non for profit sector is in it.