Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Awkward

Outgoing

Awkward

Hi - don't know if anyone can help but I'm not sure if I should act on the following:. I have a child whose parents split last Xmas. I put Father's Day card, and gift in child's backpack Friday as I knew child going to Dad's for weekend. And I wanted him to have it Sunday. Package clearly marked to daddy. And I told mom on Friday she can take a peak at the gift/ photos if she wanted (lovely mom). Parents on fairly good terms for sake of their children.
    Well, he drops child off this morning and I hinted if he enjoyed Father's Day yesterday.? He said was ok. and that's it. He's the type of guy that would have mentioned he liked the photos of his child in an awesome handprint card along with a plant she had grown from seed (he's a great guy and always polite).
    I don't think wife gave it to him.
    She's dropping child off Wednesday. Should I ask her if she gave it or just leave it? Now I wish I had waited until today to give. Awkward! TX bunches.

I would say something like : X had a great time making _____ for you for fathers day. Did X wait until Sunday to give it to you or could he not wait and gave it to you early?
    Its not fair to you to have to check in with mom to see if she gave it to the dad or not. If mom gets mad that you said something to dad about the gifts, just tell mom that she should have given them to him or informed you ahead of time. I would also remind her that I don't play sides and will treat both parents with respect.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would let it go.

You made the gift with the child. You let the parent who picked up know it was there. Your part is done.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I"m gonna leave it... i can sense things are still really sensitive with their situation..... but i have learned that next time something special goes home for Dad or Mom, it goes home on their pick up day. Thanks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ebhappydc For This Useful Post:

Van

Expansive...
    It is good to give the gift to the right person even if it is a week early ......better early than NEVER
    Last edited by Van; 06-21-2017 at 12:20 AM.