Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Outgoing
    momplus6, thank you. I won't be driving kids around and I need a good easy to push double or triple stroller.

Play and Learn, thank you for the link. I never had to buy triple buggy so I don't knwo if the price is right for a triple? To be honest, I don't even know whether I need a double or triple buggy. I advertised 3 weeks ago and had good responses. 2 set of parents came to meet last week and we are signing the contracts this week. And another one is coming to meet up today.

Cocoon, I have a double jogging stroller, and I received it for free. No one wanted it as it was too big to put into a car/van....I LOVE my double jogging stroller. BUT....I do have to admit, the jogging stroller is amazing as it has the big tires to push through the snow.

I guess the question you have to ask yourself....how many little ones are you wanting in your Home Daycare? I have 2 little ones....they still are uncertain with their snowsuits/boots on.

If I had the funds, I'd buy the triple! But I bought myself a used choo choo wagon. I know it won't work in the snow, but there's no snow here, so it's been a good purchase!

Starting to feel at home...
    Doubles are very easy to come by. I've had 3 that I've picked up at garage sales or had given to me. Triples and quads are much harder. For the difference in price I found it was easier to buy them online and have a brand new one with a receipt and everything. You won't pay much less than $500 for a quad. For a double, keep looking on kijiji and I'm sure something will come up.

Outgoing
    Play and Learn, is that the pic. of your double jogging stroller on your icon?

The stroller in US are reasonably priced but they don't deliver to Canada. I'm starting to change my mind about Phil&Teds as we have snow here and I don't think it;s wheels are good for this type of weather unless I want to use it in malls only. Which is not practical for me. I have never seen a jogging strollers before but they look perfect for this type of weather.

I think I will decide after today's meeting. Or buy a double first and when I take on one more child then I will go for the triple. I better keep an eye on them.

Waterloo day mom, that's a perfect idea to look for garage sales but it is winter now and no one is doing garage sales

Thank you all very much.
    Cocoon

Cocoon, yes that's my double jogging stroller in my icon. It's from 2002 (an older model) and they don't seem to make them that big anymore. It seems that the triples are as big as my double nowadays as I bought a rain cover that was for a triple!

Good luck with the interviews!

Starting to feel at home...
    Thats basically what I have a baby trend side by side double jogging stroller

Euphoric !
    I was looking for a triple and it was a bit harder, but there were some on kijiji. I ended up going with the double because I use the kiddie board on the back and two walk (plus I can put a baby in my ergo carrier). However, I drive, so I don't have to push it in the snow. If I had to push in the snow, I would definitely go with something like a jogging stroller...look at the reviews before buying so you know if it is good in snow. If you are thinking of taking three pretty soon, you'd be better off buying a triple than having to buy both.

Outgoing
    Play and Learn, the interview went well. She was a first time mother and she didn't know what to ask or look for. She said she need care from beggining of January but she hasn't find a job yet so I'm not sure if she can start in beg. of jan.

She was very nervous. Bless her

As for the strollers, I've decided to go ahead with double and in the future if I take one more child then I can go with triple. I have found a double which has good reviews but as usual they sell thos ein US. I have found a website which sells those but not sure if the website is reputable. I will paste a link here please let me know if it is a reputable company to buy from.

Thank you very much.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all

Outgoing
    kangaroomama, I do want to take on 3 kids but right now I have 3 dck and 2 of them will start in January. One of them started begining of December and she just! got used to me. She is part time and we do have not so good days sometimes I was thinking of getting a double now as I don't knwo when I will have the third child into my care yet. And once I get the 3rd child then will buy triple and sell the double. I hope I will be in a better financial situation to effort

To be honest, I could not find a triple buggy so I'm kind a force to buy double and not take the third child until I'm finacially better. Please let me know where you have seen the triple once.

Thank you,
    Cocoon

Outgoing
    Silly me I forgot to paste the link. There you go http://www.onlinesports.com/turismo-...m-schwinn.html