Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Outgoing

I need a double/triple buggy.

Hello everybody!

I'm in need of a double(prefer Phil&Teds or something alike) and or triple buggy. I have checked on Kijiji but the prices are very high for used double. There is not much price difference, I might as well buy brand new one.

And about triple buggy, there is no ads whatsoever. I have checked few websites and the brand new once are $1000! I cannot afford to pay that much on a buggy right now and i was wondering if you guys know places that sell second hand double and or triple buggies?

Thank you in advance.

Cocoon

Shy
    Hi! Not sure where you live but in Toronto area, Once Upon a Child will call you when they get specific items come in. They don't get these in very often but worth a try if you have a location near you. Also try Mom2Mom swap/sales, often advertised in local newspapers and held at churches or community centres.

Outgoing
    Hello Katskids, thank you for your response. I live in Calgary do you know if they would deliver here? Maybe I should give them a call. Thanks again.

Starting to feel at home...
    Have you looked into a valco with the toddler seat attached to the front? What types of things do you need it for? The Phils and ted have no storage space so if you need to bring bags along there is no place to put them. I bought the baby trend double side by side jogging stroller and love it has space underneath the feet tray on the front is big enough a kid can sit there when tired.

Euphoric !
    One tip I have is that if you have one child who can walk (maybe around 2 years), but gets tired, you can buy a kiddie board and attach it to the back of the stroller for one child to stand on. I did that with my double stroller and it works great! I found mine on Kijij for $42 and everywhere I go, people ask me where i got it. You can buy them in specialty baby stores as well, but they are more like $110.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoon View Post
    Hello Katskids, thank you for your response. I live in Calgary do you know if they would deliver here? Maybe I should give them a call. Thanks again.
    Once upon a child is a chain of second hand stores and they have locations in Calgary. Check Onceuponachild.com to see if there is one near you!

Outgoing
    momplus6, "valco with the toddler seat attached " I have looked at their website but I couldn't see the buggy you have mentioned. I love Phill&Teds. I used it for 4 years, yes it doesn't have a big basket but it was enough for me to put snacks, spare cloths, water, changing mat etc. If I could find a good second hand for reasonably priced I would buy. But I think they are making them with gold or something here in Canada as even the used once are expensive!

Outgoing
    Kangorama, I have used the kiddie board but it is very hard for me to push.

Katskids, I have emailed them just now and will go and see their shop at the weekend.

Thank you.

Starting to feel at home...
    I think the seat you would just buy seperate it should attach to any of their jogging strollers I see it mostly on the side by sides attached to the front. I haven't looked into the phil and ted's but I need the space as when I use my big stroller we are usually at the zoo/calaway or something like that that requires me to pack a lunch in a cooler and lots of water so I need the basket space. I also believe in order for the phil and ted to fit in my van I would need to deattach the one seat so don't want to do that. What kind of price point are you looking for? Have you searched other areas on kijiji say Red Deer its about 1.5hrs away but sometimes you can find really good deals on stuff there.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...AdIdZ340382637
    Here's a link to a Triple Jogging Stroller in Ottawa, ON.