I had some clients for 6 years with me,first child,then second.They went through many different stages of their lives during those years.
Second child is due to go to school this fall and they share custody of him.
One day dad came to pick him up and said this is his last day to bring a child to day care,his ex will continue with her schedule only.His ex called me to say how surprised she was when she heard that news and how selfish he always was..I said,'that did not touch me very much,knowing who I deal with and knowing people and what they are capable of'.. After that she is not contacting me anymore...Had not even have decency to tell me that the child will not be coming anymore,which I would not mind at all.This way I feel so disrespected and used.Then I think,"it is not my fault,it is their selfish personality and bad manners fault"
If I knew the child would not be here during the summer,I could have found a replacement,now I am also stuck and who knows when a next opportunity will show up...It is not like kids are just waiting around the corner for next opening.
I am thinking how low people can be,after all those years of taking care of their children,changing their diapers,wiping their noses,teaching them every day...They probably think-they paid and that was it!!! I can't believe that people close the door just like that.It is like they do not plan to see you ever again,and if they do they will not be ashamed of their actions at all. It is for them all about money.If they only knew how little this job is paid for what we go through with their children and then with them too.I could now go on and on,but there is no point.I hope to learn something from this experience and not let it happen again for whatever reasons.
Have you ever had similar experience?Please share.