Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Tightening in stomach and how to get what i need from fish when i can't eat it

Hi everyone just wondering if it's normal to have painless tightening in your stomach at 16 weeks. I remember this at the end with my son but not this early. Im not to worried but was just wondering??? Thanks for any input.

My other question is i love fish but this baby hate's it how can i get the nutrients i need from fish without eating fish. It's the only thing i can't eat.

Thanks a bunch.
    J

Outgoing
    I would say the painless tightening is Braxton-Hicks contractions, totally normal and you feel them more in your second and any other subsequent pregnancies.

You dont HAVE to eat fish when pregnant, and really, you should be watching the kinds you do eat if you do. Like you should only have small species of fish, which have lower mercury. Low amounts of tuna, smaller quantities of salmon etc.
    I didnt eat hardly any fish with both my pregnancies, but I take prenatal vitamins and that will keep you supplied with the iron and protien and essential nutrients you get from eating fish.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KingstonMom For This Useful Post:

Shy
    It could just be Braxton Hicks contractions. With my second daughter, they started much sooner and got increasingly stronger near the end of my pregnancy. So long as there is no associated pain, bleeding, or pain in your back, it should just be BH's.

Shy
    For nutrients...you could try flaxseed oil, walnuts, and soybean oil to supplement the Omega 3 Fatty Acids that are in fish