Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wagon??

Wagon??

I am opening a daycare and will have 4 children under 3... I have two options I'm thinking about atm for wagons..
    1. The choo choo wagon, 200.00
    2. I have a wagon that seats two, what is the practicality that I can get another wagon and pull one with each hand? Has anyone tried this before?? It would just be to take the kids on walks in our area, nowhere crazy. This way would be like 50.00 for another wagon.

Expansive...
    I think you should keep in mind the combined weight of pulling all of these kids, or trying to pull 2 wagon handles at once. I would invest in a great quad stroller, as it is alot easier to push, versus pull 4 children. I have the Runabout quad stroller, and it's fantastic for all terrain/weather. You can find them used at more reasonable prices on kijiji or other buy&sell sites.

Starting to feel at home...
    Do you plan to keep these children as they grow, or will you always care for multiple children under 3? For me, I have 3 children under 2 right now, but I don't plan on taking on any other infants (as my 1yo grows, I'm transitioning to 3+ preschool). So I opted for a big wagon that is versatile as they grow, and it's just for the 2 youngest (one tentatively walks, one crawls). The others walk alongside the wagon.

Euphoric !
    Neither. My husband got me a gardening wagon when he went to the mainland from Costco. I think Canadian Tire has them too. It folds up and carries more weight than toddler wagons, the sides are the same height and the space is the same but it steers much better on gravel and snow. I've had lot of wagons over years and this is by far the best one.

https://www.costco.com/Folding-Wagon...100316952.html

Will add, that once a child is walking here, they are expected to walk most of the way. The wagon is purely for a tired little (not a lazy one) and for putting several in if crossing a street. I do not and will not pull three year old children just for the sake of it. I typically have a child between 10 and 18 months who is expected to walk at least some of the distance if they can walk. Most of the time, I only have one child in the wagon (unless crossing a road).
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 07-14-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    Neither. My husband got me a gardening wagon when he went to the mainland from Costco. I think Canadian Tire has them too. It folds up and carries more weight than toddler wagons, the sides are the same height and the space is the same but it steers much better on gravel and snow. I've had lot of wagons over years and this is by far the best one.

https://www.costco.com/Folding-Wagon...100316952.html

Will add, that once a child is walking here, they are expected to walk most of the way. The wagon is purely for a tired little (not a lazy one) and for putting several in if crossing a street. I do not and will not pull three year old children just for the sake of it. I typically have a child between 10 and 18 months who is expected to walk at least some of the distance if they can walk. Most of the time, I only have one child in the wagon (unless crossing a road).
    I get what you are saying but i think managing 3 children to walk on the same pace would be quite stressful. Plus the wagon is probably convinient if they need to go somewhere... lets say to an outside playground or something...