Hello!

I placed a non refundable registration fee, and a deposit towards the first month of care for a new centre opening in a couple months +\-. This was all done via email. I was told that I would need 30 days written notice to terminate. We had change of plans and needed care sooner and the open date not set. Under a month after the deposit and reg fee was paid I emailed to cancel. I wasn't given any contracts or emails discussing the deposit was non refundable (only the reg fee). I was supposed to go over handbook at open house however they had no ideas when that would be 100%. I know that legally you would need to state a deposit is not refundable for services. I'm not sure what the terms are for daycares. It was a little bit of a messy process since the center is not open yet and they aren't 100% sure the exact date. It was also paid via e transfer which I would need to check with my bank. when I emailed they told me they were sorry but that's just their policy (even though i was not made aware of any policies other than 30 days to cancel verbally. However that is apparently after starting in their policies)