Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eclipse

Expansive...

Talking Eclipse

I'm in the states, butceasvany of the eclipse visible to you? Did you do anything fun?

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post
    I'm in the states, butceasvany of the eclipse visible to you? Did you do anything fun?
    My husband (and I) took the day off work. We went with our 4yr old to the local museum where many folks had set up their big telescopes. We were there for over 3 hours. It was great. We had 61% sun coverage. We all had glasses (just the free ones provided there) to watch. Our daughter would check on it every 5 or so minutes for a quick peek to track the progress.

There were a lot of people there, my daughter enjoyed trying out everyone's pinhole cameras, fancier glasses etc.

We get a total eclipse here in 7years. Pretty excited for it.

Outgoing
    Drat! No glasses here but we did a sun, moon, earth pasting craft. Totally misaligned and totally cute.

Starting to feel at home...
    We played a live feed of the total eclipse in a room without view of the sun. Then I took the older children out to view the eclipse using eclipse glasses mounted on a paper mask (so they couldn't peek around). We also drew what we saw each time (5 times total). It was only partial here, but it was still very exciting for the kids.