Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

What is your nap area like?

I want to make some changes to my overall day home set up and my sleep space is a top priority. What i would like to know is:

Do all kids sleep in the same room/area?

Do you have playpens for all kids or just sleep mats or cots?

Any info on this matter would be great. Thanks!

:

Euphoric !
    Right now my under age 2 are in pack n play playpens in family bedrooms and each is in a different room. The older ones use crib mattresses on the diningroom floor which is our mainfloor playroom area. I am generally on this level while they are sleeping. I am hoping to switch to actual cots soon as the mattresses have reached their lifespan.

Starting to feel at home...
    Hello, there is a similar thread under "daycare activities" titled "naptime advice please". Just thought you might want to check it out as good feeback was provided by a few people.

Outgoing
    under 2 I put them in playpens, after that I use crib mattresses,which I store under beds.
    They all sleep upstairs in bedrooms. I seperate them as much as possible. Right now I have a new baby, so we're trying out some different combinations to ensure that everyone gets the best sleep possible, and I get the longest break/cleanup time possible!

Right now I put the 2 smallest in playpens and the 2 year old on a crib mattress.They are all in the same room but because the 2 year old sleeps the longest i will get him to sleep first then the smallest one. My other little girl sleeps best in a bed so once the boys are asleep i take her and she sleeps in my bed.Wish she would sleep with the others but she is a princess and either needs to be on your shoulder to sleep then transfered or lay down with her for a few moments till she drifts off lol

Outgoing
    Thanks! This has given me some food for thought! I'll check out the other thread as well.

I have a seperate bedroom next to my basement play are. Each child has their own playpen and sleeps on a thick comforter. All ages sleep together in the room. If a child doesn't nap any longer, they rest of the couch in the playroom. I have a monitor in the room so I can always hear if someone wakes up.

I have four playpens. My two oldest daycare kids sleep in the same room in my basement (clean, dry basement ), and the younger two sleep on the top floor of my home in my kids' room and my own room.

I started out with a 'group sleep room' cause that is the way we did it in centre care and quickly decided it was not for me cause working from home I NEED everyone to have a nice nap so I can recharge my batteries

I have two bedrooms upstairs with the pack-n-plays for the two youngest in the program to nap in and than I have 3 cots which are strategically placed upstairs ... one in the hallway between bedrooms, one on the first landing and another on the second landing ... no one can 'see' anyone else and I play quiet soothing music to drown out any tossing and turning sounds of the 'non nappers' ... everyone rests for at least an hour and if they are still awake after than they can get up and come down into the main floor to engage in quiet activities or lay on the couch and watch some TV if they are still wanting to 'rest' ... once everyone is awake than we move onto the afternoon routine ... this works awesome for me cause I have school age kids who are in kindergarten alternating days who still sleep here because between the music and restful body state they fall asleep.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Oh how I would love for a sleep room to work. I even have a room off the playroom that would be ideal. But, for now, they are each separated in pack n plays or beds in each of our 4 family bedrooms, 1 in the den and even 1 (he happens to be my nephew) in our huge master ensuite bathroom! A pain tripping over pack n plays in every room for sure, but it gets me a solid 2 hrs of nap time from each.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~