Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

No show to the interview 😡

Hi everyone

Clients are so frustrating! I have scheduled two interviews and
    They don't have manners to call or cancel it, so sensitive people if you don't do what they ask you, they cancel without notice so they don't need care then, so childish people are so brats. I used to go all above my interviews, no anymore because people don't care if you are so nice sorry I had to vent out! I bet this happen to you as well!

Starting to feel at home...
    I had one that was a no show after a rather lengthy facebook conversation (she had lots of questions). I've had one fill out all the paperwork, I held the spot for 2 weeks, but the day their money was due, decided to stay with current sitter (I later found out she was pregnant, and requested me to waitlist both kids-hahaha, sure, but I won't be calling!). Some people just don't get it. I figure these are the clients I don't want anyway-bullet dodged! It's hard when you need to fill spaces though.

Expansive...
    Yes, so I learned the hard way to call or email a day before and just check with them if the time still suits them

Outgoing
    When I can I usually set multiple interviews at different times the same day. That way I'm sure someone will come for sure. Anyway, sometimes they had cancel because the baby was sick or was a.nap time or weather conditions. My interviEwing manuals are always ready, my playroom is always kept organized. They can come and visit any time after the kids leave also I do not feel bothered if they have changed their minds. I ask them to think first about my location if it is convenient to them and then we go through all.

I had families that came few hours later than they said but they knew I had other interviews ahead so, they basically know the rule first come first served. The first family has a priority in my list. So, if there is a no show I do not let it ruin my day. I do not do calls or take more of my attention or time. My interviews are kind of invitations if they come great, if they don't, still great they missed it. No frustrations at all.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
    Hi everyone

Clients are so frustrating! I have scheduled two interviews and
    They don't have manners to call or cancel it, so sensitive people if you don't do what they ask you, they cancel without notice so they don't need care then, so childish people are so brats. I used to go all above my interviews, no anymore because people don't care if you are so nice sorry I had to vent out! I bet this happen to you as well!
    I've experienced this in the past. Now, when I set up an interview, I require an e-mail address (so I can send my paperwork) plus a telephone number. I will shoot them a message a couple days before hand reminding them of our appointment time and request that they let me know if they aren't going to make it.

I wait no more than 10 mins for a client who isn't on time unless they have contacted me to say they are running late. I rarely rebook a no-show but will rebook if they reach out prior to the appointment to say something has come up. If they are going to have so little respect for my time at interview, I take that as a sign of what's to come if they were client's.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Those things happened to me a few times.It does not seam fair,but you get used to because that is to expect when dealing with people
    I personally love emails to start with,then I can send them my web site and if they are serious enough they request an interview.After I started doing that I rerely had wrong clients.
    Some write back after they read my web site,some don't and that is how I know who is a potential client and who is not.I have everything written there and the most important the charge fees too.
    I found that before I had the charge fee,I would get so many emails from all kinds of people just asking how much I charge...That was so annoying I can't describe.
    The thing I don't like is when other potential day care providers are looking for new ideas or the charge fee ideas to organize their business,and they would pretend to be interested clients..