Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Shy

2 under 2 rule question

Hi there, I have searched online and cannot find any info regarding the 2 under 2 rule. Is there any grace period?

My situation: have a new 10 month old to start, however it's 2 weeks before one of my kids turns 2.

Not a fan of bending the rules either, any one know if there is a grace period or not?

Much thanks

Euphoric !
    The rules vary between provinces but if this is one of your provincial rules and it is a common one, then no, there's not a grace period.
    No more than 2 under 2 means exactly that. 5 mins overlap, 2 weeks overlap, it doesn't matter. You would be considered an illegal provider during the overlap time and risk being closed down.

Expansive...
    If you are in Ontario, there can't be any overlap, even for a few minutes. You will have to wait a few weeks to start the new baby. No exceptions.

Starting to feel at home...
    In Nova Scotia there is no overlap permitted, no grace period for the 2 under 18 months rule, or for the 3 under 3 rule. But for school age that counts from the first day of summer the year they will start in September. So I would check your provincial regulations-it's usually spelled out.

In Ontario there is no overlap. Even for a few minutes its illegal. So its not "bending the rules" its "breaking the law" and yes there a big difference between the two. One can get you a slap on the wrist the other a big fine and up to a year in jail.

tell the family they have to wait, take a loss of income for the two weeks as its a lot less then the fine will be.

If you are not in Ontario - then I can't help you