Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    I am so confused by the new daycare act. I have a 7 year old, a 9 year old and a 2 year old. Can I have an additional 4 children because my 7 year old and 9 year old don't count?
    I wouldn't be 100% positive on this one.

Check on the Ontario new regulations website I think the latest change is that non family related children counts in your numbers until they're 11 or 12 y/o); yes you can have your own 2 y/o plus four daycare kids, it doesn't matter the number of families enrolled but only 5 kids at all the times and ONLY two under two's.

Also be aware that lately parents question when they see caregivers over their numbers, they've called the ministry on one of my friends because she was walking with her 5 dc kids plus her two own older kids.
    Last edited by Peacefulbird; 03-09-2018 at 05:59 AM.

Outgoing
    Due to new changes our market is limited. 1st. Mom's are opting for taking the new 18months mat leave (taking basically 6 months of work from us), next children going to FULL DAY jk (programs that accept children at 3 1/2 years old and 4 y/o). We are left with a tiny window of working with a child for only two years max. If they turn 4 years old before December.

This has changed absolutely our programs. We need to look for families every year (unfortunately it seems only on September we have openings many of us getting stuck on that month)

At this point, I have also noticed a big trend of parents working from home and wanting more part time spots (specially preschoolers); so I think, if we have this new demand why not change our programs accordingly, maybe higher rates maybe shorter contracts until we get to fill with a full day client.

If you have to make a living you must be creative in making it work. If you're not pressured to have an steady income then wsit (but I already have friends looking with empty spots for 6 months).

If your market of part timers are high then tailor it accordingly. Do not loose your income waiting with empty spots. I never had pRobles with part timers I got payed better I had organizer my self to keep good track of income and my curriculum. It kept me busy and the more families y met the more mouth of word spread (filling all my full time spots eventually). My acc told me that.actually I have made more with my part timers that with my full time families😊 it really depends on how you see it and if you want to put the effort in it.