Both my dd's, one since moved on to K, have attended a childcare center that exceeded my expectations...until the last year.

The lead teachers remain fantastic, but some of the programming and admin protocols have disappeared. It times well with the graduation of the owners daughter to school and her new passion in athletics. Last summer I called attention to the decline and it was brought up to speed...only to decline again.

Still...I love the location the teachers and the base structure...so I remain a customer. But today I am at a loss. The owner outright lied to me stating she never received my emails or messages about whether my K dd could attend for a pro-d day. To add to it, she threw her staff under the bus by stating they didn't pass along the messages. I know this is a lie.

I wrote a pointed email back as I am unable to meet in person during her current hours and she no longer is present at drop offs...as she used to be about once weekly. I called the teacher and advise her that her boss lied and apologized for putting her in the middle of an awkward situation.

My instinct is to terminate the agreement, with notice, and change my dd to another provider. My husband is counselling me not to overreact. But lying? Can you recover from that?

I know the Owner doesn't like confrontation, but I am an easy parent to work with. Pay on time for over four years, provided word of mouth recommendations, always follow the rules and overstock my bins with diapers and clothing. Aren't I at least entitled to good customer service? Should I leave my dd in the care of a person I know lies to avoid confrontation?

To be fair, the Owner is a good person, strong teacher, and runs a good centre. But it was once an excellent centre. Do I now settle for less to keep consistency for dd? Her immediate teachers are excellent and trustworthy.

UGH! Four years is a long time....