Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Licensing officer question

I am applying Family Child Care. I submitted part of my documents to Licensing office and now just got email from them. Basically, she asked if I was sick, will I hire any sub? if yes, how do i orient the Sub with my facility policies and procedures?

Have you ever sicked for a week? Will you hire a Sub when you were absence?

What will you do about orienting the Sub with your facility? I am thinking of showing Parent Handbook to the Sub, so that the Sub will understand my centre policy, right? Feeling lost on this part.... :<
    Last edited by Love&care; 11-16-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Outgoing
    Hi. I have contracted a jk teacher and Ece's for my homedaycare, most likely I had made sure they're experienced proffesionals in the field, it is expensive but at least they're prepared and knowledgeable. Also make sure to introduce the teacher to the families and children days before.

My policies are very similar to any centre (standard) and based on the Cceya (so, no conflict there) and my program and routines runs very similar to a centre but in a small scale (more one on one attention and more engaging activities for the children). Basically I made sure any proffesional in the field can run my program smoothly (routines, materials, meals, etc); I also have a main binder folder with just enough information (point form with steps to follow). When I had dr. App. Even the group parents where able to follow it. I did post a daily routine schedule with pictures and time, and it was easy for them to follow.

Expansive...
    It is good to tell your Licensing Officer that you would hire a sub if you were sick and you would show the sub your Policies and Procedures before they began working with the children and you would introduce the sub to the parents.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    It is good to have a name and number to put down as your sub to call on if sick.
    Get in touch with your local ccrr child care resource and referral centre as they may have a list of subs available.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Peacefulbird, your infor is very helpful to me! Appreciated it! And I just looked up Cceya, nice to know it too!! :>