Hello Ladies:

I am in need of advice. I just took on two new children in September. I am teacher-friendly and only care for teachers children, as I have four children and exceed numbers in the summer and on school holidays.

Daycare child #1: always coming sick. I mean almost every week. He loves it here but he will start screaming out of no where pulling his hair, with a deep mucous cough and thick green mucous out of his nose. I feel like the parents dope him up with Tylenol before they drop him off, which is an immediate termination if theyre masking a fever. Today, when I did his morning diaper change he had a huge spider like rash all up his legs.

Daycare #2: Seemed like really great people with an awesome child. However, they had the flu in their house and the little one has had constant diarrhea (says mom). Today baby pooped diarrhea all down the highchair, all up back and down legs. I had to bathe them. My rule is 24 hours, like most. THey know this as its in the handbook. Also, mom has asked me constantly to watch her child on unscheduled days, Christmas break (my vacation) and through the summer. Shes a teacher and knows I am closed.

So today I told both parents they cannot come tomorrow. It was close to nap time when I contacted them, so I said they could stay for the day. I honestly love watching children, but I feel taken advantage of and want to close because I am tired of this! I am a single mom of four children and do not have any help. My kids are with me 24/7. So when they spread flu in my house and I have to take days off because of them, I don't get paid and cannot pay my bills. I am taking this personally because I bothers me that they don't see this. What can I do without sounding like a bitch? I cannot just terminate people as this is my income.

Any advice is appreciated.