I am a provider of 3 kids plus my son. I have a 18m dcb, 2yo dcb, 2.5yo dcg, and my 3.5yo boy. I started daycare Jan 2015 to be able to stay home with my three kids and still contribute financially to our household. The daycare families are great, really can't complain - pay on time with few reminders, drop offs and pickups are on time etc.

The last few months I have a lot of feelings of stress and overwhelm. I feel like I don't do enough with the kids (how much is enough when we get paid $3.50/hr?). We do crafts a couple days a week. We do pre-school learning (cutting, writing, letters etc). We occasionally go out shopping or to the library etc. With the age range of the kids its hard to find things to do for their comprehension level.

The 2.5yo dcg is presenting some issues that need be addressed, and that too is stressing me out. She has her own way of doing things which is not like other kids her age. She is a good girl but the issues make me crazy. Her mom is going on mat leave beginning of Feb and they want to keep her here 2-3days/wk. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Ive had parents in the past with those same intentions and then they end up bailing part way in. (Then again, maybe her being here part time would lessen the stress?). I like this little girl, she is sweet and sometimes I feel bad for her for I expect more from her. (This issue could be a whole thread)

I feel so housebound. We don't go out much, and now with winter unless its mild it will be even less. I try sometimes to go out in the evening but more times than not I'm too tired. So my errands and shopping wait. I used to have a helper and would go out more because of that but now I am on my own.

I can't stand the messes. The toy-room disasters. The lunchtime food on the floor. Etc.

The fact that I can't have anything nice. No couch pillows because they beat them or step on them etc. No sidetable decor because itll end up broken/damaged.

I see time I'm missing with my own kids. I can't volunteer at their school. We're always last minute for forms, homework etc.

I am wondering if I should continue on. I need the income but not at the cost of my stress and happiness. I need some help perhaps to control the issues that flare my mental state.

Lastly, I will say that I am going to be taking some online courses (start Feb/Mar) to be able to start a career (37 years old and never had any meaningful career). I just don't know if I should move on or carry on?