So I have a 2.5 year old girl in my care and she has been with me for a year and was my best kid, but the last 2 months she cries non stop. Drop off she bawls, and then when it’s time to transition into something she starts crying. I’m guessing it’s separation anxiety but man it’s a long one. I’m just wondering if anyone here has ever had a problem like that and what you do.
I have a spot when I say it’s her “quiet spot” to sit and settle down as I don’t allow her to just sit on the couch and cry.
If we are watching a movie and it ends she cries, if it’s time to clean up she cries, if it’s snack or lunch she cries, if it’s time to get ready for school drop off or pick up she cries. She’s maybe happy 2-3 hours of the day and she’s with me from 645-4 and 2.5 hours she’s napping which is my only break from her crying.
If a kid is mean or takes her toy she cries and then just sits and pouts or refuses to go back and play for like an hour.
I’m at a loss on what to do, and mom and dad have tried to help do things at home but she’s not like this at home, only with me. I try not to get mad with her as that makes it worse but sometimes I do because the crying is just so constant and my sanity can’t take it sometimes.
So any suggestions would be great because I feel terminating her care is just too mean