Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Drop-in Per Hour Child Care price?

Hi there, I'm in Metro Vancouver, BC. Do you have experience with accepting drop-ins on per hour basis? Outside of the standard full-day/half-day, what would you charge on per hour basis for those kids who are not registered in your standard FT/PT program? (0-2yo, 3-5yo)
    thank you for your advise.
    A.

Euphoric !
    I'm not in BC and don't offer hourly drop in myself but know some who do. There seems to be two ways of charging for it here.

1. Hourly rate like babysitting which is $10 per hour here.
    2. An inflated daily rate which is also charged for part timers, which is about $5-$7 more per day than usual fees. Anything more than 4 hours is full day PT rate. Anything under 4 hours is half day PT rate. So if someone charges say $45 for PT care, then it would be $23 for up to 4 hours and $45 for over 4 hours.

I guess part of the charging consideration would be how often you have a space sitting empty to be able to offer hourly drop in care, and what the demand is. If you have the space and the times of the availability are high demand, then you could likely charge more for it based on demand. I imagine that the hours before school or after school might have higher demand because there could be school age children needing the space.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    $10/hr and over 4 hours or if child is here for lunch, then full day rate applies

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy ECE mommy For This Useful Post:

Shy
    wow, where are you located to have $45 for PT care? here in metro vancouver the pricing i've seen $75-$120/day for full day drop-in...

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra02 View Post
    wow, where are you located to have $45 for PT care? here in metro vancouver the pricing i've seen $75-$120/day for full day drop-in...
    I wish. I'm the top end of rates here. I'm in PEI. $38 a day for full time, all food and snacks included and real food i.e. cooked lunch of meat, protein, veg and I push the normal rates for that. $45 for part time care. Most don't charge differently and just have a set rate.

For most of the day homes around here, it's $32 for full day care.
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 01-10-2018 at 02:28 PM.