Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Yes. They are widely accepted in courts too as are e-mails. The default position is normally if the person received the text doesn't agree with the content, they will respond denying it. Silence normally = acceptance.

i.e. I test you and say "Don't forget the $200 you owe me by Friday", then you would normally reply either "Ok" or "What are you talking about - I don't owe you any money. What do I owe you $200 for?"

No normal person who doesn't owe the funds would just shrug and ignore it. They would dispute it and promptly.

Keep the texts and e-mails. They count just as much as a registered letter delivered by mail in this day and age.

Hi, I hope you resolved your problem in a positive way. I’m sorry this happen to you. First of all if the day home provider wanted to change the hours, she should give parents a month notice, so they could arrange different solution for them. I’m a day home provider as well, and I would never do that to the parents, plus not everybody is so lucky to start their work after 9 and finish 4 or before 4. Other thing is if she changed her hours, how about the fee? Did said that she will lower the monthly payments? You said you gave her a month cancellation, she didn’t have a right to keep the payment, I hope you resolved this in a positive way though. Unfortunately, some day home providers go on a power trip, and that’s wrong. I’m doing this for about 20 years, and I hea rd lots of stories, and many of them not pleasant. Personally, I’m sensitive about catering for children and working with parents. No, this is not normal way of changing the hours... and since you gave her 1 month notice she doesn’t have a right to keep the deposit. That was her who validated the contract. I’m sorry this happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    First of all if the day home provider wanted to change the hours, she should give parents a month notice, so they could arrange different solution for them.
    Wow. Didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. Our daycare provider warned us just a week before changing the schedule and we had to find another solution
    Remote job opportunity for mothers. Canada-Writers is looking for freelance authors. PM for details

“Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s.” - Billy Wilder

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica46 View Post
    Wow. Didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. Our daycare provider warned us just a week before changing the schedule and we had to find another solution
    There's a difference between morally "should" and legal obligations.

So while we all "should" give employers, service providers, tenants or anyone else plenty of notice of a change, whether we have to depends on the contracted terms.

Is it unprofessional for a day home to make a change with such little warning? Absolutely. Did they have to give you more notice? That totally depends on the contracts you signed. From a moral point of view, most day homes give notice of significant changes that are at least equal to the notice period a client would have to give, should they not agree to the changes. But if there isn't a contract, or if the contract says that changes will come into effect 7 days after notification to the changes, then that's what will happen.