Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Help with "deposit" contract wording please

Hi folks

I want to change my deposit in my contract. I currently have it worded as a non refundable deposit. To be applied to last two weeks of care. Child must be in care to use. If a family change their mind about started then deposit is lost. If two weeks notice is not given, deposit is lost.

I want to change this policy. I want it to be something along the lines of a holding fee which after 12 months/52 weeks of care can be applied to last two weeks of care. If a child is withdrawn within the 1 year period, this 2 weeks fees will not be applied to the last two weeks of care and all money is due as normal. If I give notice within thefirst year then money will be applied.

Any advice on what to call this "deposit" in my contract since I know there has been talk in the past about choosing words carefully.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bright sparks; 03-20-2018 at 07:24 AM.