Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Parent owes money, disappeared, 2 months later back asking for tax receipt!

Title sums it up, I cared for this woman's children since 2015, she was always flaky, bad with paying on time, etc... Liked the kids enough so I kept her around - my mistake I know.

Fast forward to 1st week on jan 2018, I am scheduled to have all 3 of her kids for the winter break (pay for days booked in advance - ofcourse she never got the pay in advance part but for the most part got the pay for days booked) she cancels one day the morning of to which I say fine, but you gotta pay for the day anyway. Then next week back to normal just caring for the youngest one as the others are at school. She pays me a portion of the $$ for the holiday break week, does not pay for the other week which was just the little one and says she will pay in the next coming weeks when she gets paid from work... Next week she says she wont need me as husband is not working and that happens for a couple weeks then all of feb no word no sign NO PAYMENT EITHER and this goes on till last week. I had been texting her periodically to ask for payment to which she tried to dispute saying she didn't bring kids so she didn't owe me x amount, only y... didn't pay refused to pay... After not getting replies to texts anymore and never picking up the phone last week she texts: "hello, I am sorry, I haven't forgot about paying you, I will send the money by this weekend, by the way can I have a tax receipt?" I didn't respond because I'm honestly just fed up oh and she never paid either. Today again " Hello... Still hoping to get a tax receipt... Also still stands haven't forgotten about you. I will pay I'm super sorry alot has happened since Feb. I'll be emailing money this weekend."

I haven't replied because I fear I can't hold my tongue... I have asked for this money since beginning of Feb saying I NEEDED it! she didn't give two F^%$!!!

What would you do? I'm planning on doing my taxes this weekend... I had already counted her as a loss, she owes $180, not claiming her kids will save me a lot more than that on taxes!!! Is it illegal to not give a tax receipt? I could say that I will give the receipt once I receive payment but if she doesn't pay I have to keep waiting to do my taxes and I've waited long enough... I doubt she will pay and next week will be the same story. I am DONE with this woman!

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!
    Last edited by samslittleones; 03-28-2018 at 01:03 PM.