Hello ladies,

I have an 18 month old who has vomited 3 times within a span of 2 weeks. There are no other symptoms. He doesn't have a fever. He wants to participate and continue playing. He is still his happy self. First time was after circle time (where he was sitting for about 20 min) and before lunch prep. So it wasn't right after a meal. Second time was about an hour after he finished breakfast and he was moving around. 3rd time was again before lunch prep. We can't figure out if it's something he is eating here because he doesn't throw up at home. I've fed him different things each day.

Anyway, we don't believe he is sick. However, my policy is that once the child vomits, he needs to be home for at least 24 hours symptom free. I'm not in a position to determine why he is vomiting. Also it is a sanitary issue. The parents understand my policy. But now they have taken him to a Doctor and the Dr. doesn't understand what's wrong either and they are just hoping whatever it is, will pass. They got a doctor's note saying that he is not ill and not contagious. However, I still don't want to have to chase after him and clean up puke all the time. Have any of you been in this situation? Is it still ok for me to keep sending the child home if he vomits again even though he has a doctor's note saying he is ok? I want to be fair. I think it's reasonable to send him home because I don't want other kids touching his vomit. At the same time I feel bad for the parents who have to miss work every time he pukes.

TIA