Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

I want to start a private unlicensed daycare

Good day everyone,

I'm located in Calgary Alberta, me and my mom would like to open unlicensed private daycare, I have already obtained my childcare first aid and police clearance however my question is : is it possible or legal to have more than 6 kids without getting license??? Many thanks for everyone who will participate in this thread.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchmoi View Post
    Good day everyone,

I'm located in Calgary Alberta, me and my mom would like to open unlicensed private daycare, I have already obtained my childcare first aid and police clearance however my question is : is it possible or legal to have more than 6 kids without getting license??? Many thanks for everyone who will participate in this thread.
    No.

Alberta has one of the highest allowances for children. Most provinces are allowed less than 6 including their own children. Going over your provincial ratios, even with the help of a second adult, is always illegal.

People who offer child care out of their homes, that have not been approved to operate under the provincial family day home category, are considered private babysitters. These programs can offer private babysitting to up to six children, not including their own, at any given time. These programs are not monitored by the Government of Alberta.
    http://www.humanservices.alberta.ca/...day-homes.html
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 04-08-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    No.

Alberta has one of the highest allowances for children. Most provinces are allowed less than 6 including their own children. Going over your provincial ratios, even with the help of a second adult, is always illegal.

http://www.humanservices.alberta.ca/...day-homes.html
    Thanks a lot