Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

I am just setting up my new home childcare and excited to venture into this new chapter of my life. Love to hear others' experiences with registering their first children. I have been interviewing families this week and am promoting my childcare through various sources, so am hopeful that the five spaces per day will fill up quickly. How long did it take for you, what advertising means did you us (or do use) and what area are you in?

BTW, "Shy" shows up with my profile pic but not sure how that got there lol...I am everything but shy.
    Make each day count!

Expansive...
    It's been a tough time for many of us in Ontario since the CCEYA was introduced, limiting us to 2 under 2 years. Many providers are sitting with over 2 years spaces open.
    Things are very different from 10 years ago when I first began this business. Most of us have been forced to increase pricing in all age groups to compensate for the losses from empty spaces sitting open. In my area(Halton) there are providers on every block and new centres popping up everywhere, so competition is high, making it a tough road for home providers.
    I wish you all the best, and hope that you have an easier time in your area filling spaces.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy ECE mommy View Post
    It's been a tough time for many of us in Ontario since the CCEYA was introduced, limiting us to 2 under 2 years. Many providers are sitting with over 2 years spaces open.
    Things are very different from 10 years ago when I first began this business. Most of us have been forced to increase pricing in all age groups to compensate for the losses from empty spaces sitting open. In my area(Halton) there are providers on every block and new centres popping up everywhere, so competition is high, making it a tough road for home providers.
    I wish you all the best, and hope that you have an easier time in your area filling spaces.
    You're absolutely right. Many of us are thinking closing, unfortunately our income has been targeted. But also there are some groups sending letters and new parents too to mpps to advocate and at least change the age ratios to two under 18 months and three under two's. Many many desesperate new moms cannot find spots for their infants. I have friends with only two infant spots filled and cannot find over two's.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by carolford29 View Post
    I am just setting up my new home childcare and excited to venture into this new chapter of my life. Love to hear others' experiences with registering their first children. I have been interviewing families this week and am promoting my childcare through various sources, so am hopeful that the five spaces per day will fill up quickly. How long did it take for you, what advertising means did you us (or do use) and what area are you in?

BTW, "Shy" shows up with my profile pic but not sure how that got there lol...I am everything but shy.
    Welcome to the group.

I love your entuciasm! And positivism. I whish you all the best. If you're not in Ontario I think you'll do well. If you're then it might get a bit frustrating trying to coop with the new regulations.

To be honest, you'll be really lucky to fill all your spots in one shot. For most of us, took time and patience first you start with two or three children and eventually you get to fill your spots (if obviously you are located in a community where childcare is in high demand); I'm not sure on how others thought about opening their businesses but in my case I had to put a lot thought even just thinking on the location of my house.

Obviously , also now geopardized because daycare centres and preschool programs keep opening around offering services at low rates.

I'm full for now but I noticed a huge change, I used to have a long waiting list and now not anymore. So, if I end up at some point with only two or three I think it is time to close shop and move on, rather find a minimum paying job which would generate a secure income rather than two children that might stay or leave at any time too.