Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Scanned Signatures/Contract

I have potentially filled a spot yesterday yay. They will e-transfer deposit .... Is a scanned contract with signatures considered original and ok? Tx!

Euphoric !
    I wouldn't but my son is a lawyer so we are maybe beyond what it normal. If you ever have to go to court, some Judges want the original and not copies. The reason is that electronic documents can be altered but the original would show signs of tampering. Some Judges aren't so strict about it but some won't even look at a copy. You must have the originals in a court case just in case your Judge is firm on this. It would be awful to lose a case where you had documentation but because it's not the original, the Judge wouldn't even admit that piece of evidence.

I would however take the deposit and scanned copy with signatures if they can put the original in the post. i.e. accept it in the interim to show they are serious and to stop advertising but be clear that you need the original signed copy so if they could mail that and state you would expect it to arrive in approx 1 week.

You can then add your signature and send a copy back electronically. Or get them to sign and mail two copies so you can add your signature and then send one with all signatures back.

If the orginal doesn't come in the given time frame, make contact in writing (e-mail, FB message) and inform them it's not been received and check it was mailed. You just need to document the agreement and chase it in a timely manner because they wouldn't know if you got it or not.
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 05-11-2018 at 01:08 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I received the e-transfer over the weekend to reserve fall spot, and they are hoping to drop the original signed contract in my mailbox this week. Has anyone ever offered to pick up documents if families live close? They are about 10 minutes one way. Their baby is undergoing surgery this week in another town and the mom said things are chaos this week. Am I out of line to offer to pick it up given their stress with child's situation? Thnx!
    Last edited by ebhappydc; 05-14-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Outgoing
    I don't know why but my post/question today isn't showing up in New Posts. So trying again...

Euphoric !
    I don't see any harm in picking it up from a potential client in the circumstances. Your goal is to have the original in your hand. Whether they bring it, mail it, or you go and get it is irrelevant. If you are willing to pick it up, then that's fine. You just want what you want and there's no harm in sometimes helping yourself to get those things.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post: