Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Home Insurance - Ottawa Area

After ten years of being with the same home insurance, I am obliged to change as my current insurance company (Belair), only allows three children for the home daycare. They are unable to provide insurance when the daycare has more than three children.

I have been calling around and will continue to do my research, however wondering if anyone would like to share who they are insured with that covers the typical 5 kids plus your own. As of yet I have found that The Cooperators and State Farm will insure the 5 kids but RBC will count your kids in the alloted 5. The quote received from the cooperators is very high.... I am still waiting on State Farm quote and a brokerage called Powell.

Waiting on your feedback

Oh no! We're with Co-operators for insurance so that was who I was hoping ot go with for daycare insurance. SOrry I can't help.
    GL.

Hey agesandstages I don't know that the price with cooperators is expensive because of the daycare, I think it is simply much more expensive. They quoted my car insurance at a significant amount more than my current rate with Belair as well!

Euphoric !
    We are with Cooperators. We had Allstate but when the group policy the CCPRN had was dropped and we all had to find our own company we had to change as Allstate would only do three. Even then the only options were State Farm and Cooperators. I vaguely remember a couple brokers that would take people but think that has changed since then. We did more house, auto, etc to the same company which lowered our rates. They were cheaper than State Farm at the time but not sure of now.

Shy
    Hi I ran into the same problem a few weeks ago
    I went with Allan Mann Insurance who are brokers so i am now with Gore Ins for $225 a year and that is for 5 children not sure about own children though as mine or all grown.

RBC told me that my coverage included 5 dk kids, not including my own children. I pay $22/month, I believe.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

An update to anyone interested. Cooperators, State Farm and Wawanesa insurance will provide coverage for 5 kids plus your own; with comparable rates. Allstate, RBC, TD insurance and Dominion all indicated that they would not take me on as a new client with the 5 dc kids and 2 of my own. I opted to go with a broker Pentagon Insurance through Wawanesa as it was slightly less than the others, costing 150$ per year for the daycare.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naftafia For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I am with Aviva (used to be Pilot Insurance). I have been with them for almost 10 years now. They have been amazing for me, my daycare insurance for my house also included my van because I have both my house and van insurance through them.

As for price wise, I am sure they are comparable to the other companies.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

I`m in Ontario. I rent my house and have tenent insurance with liabilty included. Will that cover the daycare kids? Do I need sepereate Daycare insurance? I was told by another daycare provider it would be covered under my tenant coverage but now after reading here I`m not sure anymore.

belairdirect offers consumers complete solutions for auto and home insurance for over 50 years. In 1997, belairdirect became the first insurance company in North America to offer auto insurance quotes online, directly to customers.
    Ali