Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Non daycare care children/parents unsupervised in house

I’d love to know what your policy is regarding parents using the bathroom or bringing older siblings(not in daycare) in to use the bathroom at the end of the day when I am outside in the backyard with the daycare kids?
    All parents pick up in the backyard and they do go to the front entrance to grab their child’s bag from the cubby area, which is just inside the front door.
    Lately, I have seen parents and non daycare care kids using the bathroom on a different level of the home without even asking, but I can see them through the windows.
    Firstly, I have already disinfected the bathrooms for the next days use, and secondly from a liability standpoint, I cannot be there to supervise what’s going on.
    Of course the occasional urgency to use the toilet is understood, but when it becomes a pattern or they haven’t asked first, I’m a little offended.
    What would you do in this situation?
    Thanks in advance!

Euphoric !
    I’d love to know what your policy is regarding parents using the bathroom or bringing older siblings(not in daycare) in to use the bathroom at the end of the day when I am outside in the backyard with the daycare kids?
    No. Not a public washroom. No one has access to my house when I am outside. No one other than the day care children have access to my washroom. Policy here is to pick up/drop off and leave promptly. They aren't in my house long enough to use the washroom.

What would you do in this situation?
    Lock the house as you go into the back yard. Each child brings their belongings outside with them. There's no reason for them to enter your house when you aren't there and there's no means to do so even if they wanted.

If any parent questions why this change, I'd be happy to state that it's becoming common that people are accessing other levels of your house, without asking and it seems to be forgotten, that your premises are not just a business but a private home. Since client's aren't being considerate of your personal space, then the ability to wander has been removed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post: