hi everyone.
I have had my home daycare for the past 7 years and it has always been very smooth and the registration of new children has never been a problem. but in the past 3 month I have had 2 children leaving (one moved out of the town because it is very expensive to live here) and the second of lost her job and gave notice immediately since they could not afford daycare anymore. I have been trying to get new children in and its been proving me to be very hard. I live in Ontario( richmond hill) which is very very expensive to afford housing for young families now a days so they try and move to east or west or north of the GTA where it is relatively more affordable to live. I am a little worried about the whole new enrollment. I met 2 ladies in my area ( bought a few toys from them) and they were both homedaycare providers and were closing down because they could not get new kids.have you ever had that happen to you and is it just a glitch and will pass? honestly I love what I do cant imagine going back to work in a daycare and have a nagging person supervising me but I dont know how much longer I can handle being 2 kinds short. life is very expensive now a days