Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Instant Pot

Outgoing

Instant Pot

If anyone has experience making meals in an Instant Pot (bye bye crock pot) please share. It's all the rage. Tx!

Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    If anyone has experience making meals in an Instant Pot (bye bye crock pot) please share. It's all the rage. Tx!
    I used to have an electric pressure cooker and then upgraded to an instant pot about 18 months ago. My husband loves it more than me. I find that it takes too long for the pressure to build up by which time I could have cooked them in another way. As a result I don't use it. I do however prefer the Instant pot for being able to do multiple things at one time. So I can sear, then pressure cook, then cook on high with the lid off to reduce the liquid...none of which can be done so effectively with an electric pressure cooker. It takes 20 minutes to boil potatoes in the Instant Pot due to the time it takes to build up pressure vs about 8 minutes total in the electric pressure cooker. So there are definite pros and cons depending on what you are doing with it.

There are Pinterest boards and numerous websites dedicated to Instant Pot recipes. Have fun and let us know how you get on. On that note I am going to dig mine out and look up some recipes myself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    A husband who cooks! - so lucky!