Hello all,

I had my son in an unlicensed day home for four days at the beginning of September. I pulled him out after the provider accused him of causing over $2000 in damages to her home without proof. She has accused him of breaking her couch, breaking a window, and a costly doll house, and has demanded we pay for the damages. I have asked for receipts as well as proof that my son was responsible for the damages, but she has not. All I was given was a “balance owing” screen shot for $1300. She has also said that my son has been dangerously violent and viscious towards herself and other children in her care.

My son has been in child care, at a different centre (licensed and accredited) for nearly four years with no issues of of the above described behaviours. Additionally, he had attended and early education program, again with no such behavioral issues.

I have reviewed my copy of her contract, which she sent electronically, but I didn’t sign. This reeks of manipulation for her financial gain. Are there any ideas of places I could turn to for help on this matter?