Hello providers,

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend. I am new to the world of daycare and wanted to get some advice as to how deal with the ministry of education showing up, what my rights are and what the legal requirements are for running a home daycare.

In terms of the ministry I had a client who didn't give a four week notice as stated in the contract and wanted a full refund on the deposit without any notice as parent is suddenly moving out of town. Unfortunately I'm not in a financial position that whenever a parent backs out of a contract I am able to refund money and not have to stress about finding another child. Do providers normally refund parents if they don't give their proper notice and just use the contract as a scare tacit so parents give us a notice for our financial safety?

Anyway, this parent is really upset with me and said now she feels i'm not a fit provider and wants to report me to the ministry of education. From my end I didn't do anything wrong so I'm not sure what story will be used. When the ministry arrives do I have to allow them to go through my house, if they ask for contact information for my daycare children currently enrolled do I need to provide that? The reason I ask is because I had a family who mentioned they don't want their info given to third parties. Legally what do I have to provided the ministry within the guide lines and are there any other documents I need to have on hand. Currently I just have my CPR and First Aid. Also is there any punishment set in place for parents who deliberately lie with false associations because they aren't happy with the business end of a daycare?

Thank you so much and I look forward to your help